Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control 18.104.22.168.0 - Intrepid Major Release
(Doc ID 1572394.1)
Last updated on APRIL 26, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 5.0.0 to 5.0.0 [Release 5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This announcement lists the potential alerts, the pre-requisites, the new features and the fixes included in Oracle Communications Network Charging & Control 22.214.171.124.0
This Major release has been released on September 2012, see note 1503663.1 to get a view on the latest Release / Patch Set available
Alerts and Know Issues
The following table lists known problems in this release, and their workarounds, if any.
Database instance on VWS nodes created with incorrect character set
All database instances on NCC nodes should be created with the AL32UTF8 character set. An issue in the beBe package installation is causing the database instance on VWS nodes to be created with the US7ASCII character set instead. SMS and SLC nodes are not affected.
For more information and solutions for this issue please refer to My Oracle Support document: Database Instance on VWS Nodes Created with Incorrect Character Set after OCNCC 5.0 Installation (Doc ID 1522076.1)
- <Document 1584818.1>: Running NCC Patch Configure Scripts on Solaris 11 Causes "-ksh: trap: condition(s) required" Errors
About this Patch
This patch 12950336 upgrades NCC to Release 126.96.36.199.0
Upgrading to NCC release 5.0.0 upgrades the NCC platform from these earlier releases:
- NCC 188.8.131.52.0 (patch set 12611259)
- NCC 184.108.40.206.0 plus NCC 220.127.116.11.0 (patch set 12811932)
- NCC 18.104.22.168.0 (patch set 13106274)
- NCC 22.214.171.124.0 plus NCC 126.96.36.199.0 (patch set 13983889)
For more information about NCC release 4.4, refer to document: Release Schedule of Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control 4.4 Patch Sets (Doc ID 1370042.1)
Note: Prior to applying the NCC release 5.0.0 upgrade patches, you must:
- Install the Oracle Database 11g 32-bit Client libraries.
- Ensure that Solaris 10 Update 10 is installed.
The following list briefly describes the new features brought in this NCC release:
Support for Oracle 11g
A new DURATION_CHARGED field will be output for type 1 EDRs for sessions. DURATION_CHARGED contains the actual charged duration or charged volume for the session. This value is a reporting and billing requirement for external business support systems (BSS).
- VWS Scalability
NCC 5.0.0 enhances the VWS architecture to allow scalability on multi-core multithreaded hardware.
- OC Branding
NCC 5.0.0 continues the legal rebranding requirements, removing eServGlobal references from Internal and IT side interfaces, and alignment with Marketing names and terminology.
NCC 5.0.0 enhances Promotion Manager with the concept of "Manually Managed Limited Liability", where the limit is a configurable balance type that can be updated and reset as per any standard balance type. Allowing additional channels and references to be defined on which to base promotions, and allowing promotions to extend the expiry date of wallets.
- Control Plan Editor Enhancements
NCC 5.0.0 provides enhancements to the control plan editor designed to improve the usability of one of the most important assets of the Network Charging & Control product. By streamlining the key workflows performed by users, we are able to pass on considerable operational savings to customers by ensuring their users are able to efficiently operate and manage the product.
- Internationalization Support
The associated features cover requirements for standard support of simple and traditional Chinese character sets plus the generic ability to extend NCC with additional multi-byte UTF8 character sets.
- Customer Bundle
NCC 5.0.0 addresses a number of customer requested enhancements in line with Oracle's commitment to communication and responsiveness, addressing customer's functional issues.• Named Event Decimal Support. Provides a standardized approach for interpretation of NSTRING and Extension Digits and permit the Named Event node to support decimal values.
• CAP3 SMS Gateway CONNECTSMS Support. Adds the capability for the CAP3 SMS gateway to return the CONNECTSMS operation.
• TCAP Handover Parameter Preservation. When a TCAP handover is performed, the IDP parameters are preserved unless explicitly changed by TCAP handover node.
• Session Time Information. Permits the call time to be determined by NCC for inbound interfaces such as EDR processing control agents.
This release addresses a number of issues to make the standard installation of NCC more secure.
- VWS correction
NCC 5.0.0 introduces the ability to make corrections to data in the VWS that is inconsistent with the schema and business rules of the platform. In line with the overall requirement of achieving carrier-grade availability, such corrections must be possible without causing an outage, that is, the changes must be possible through the APIs of the VWS without the need to stop VWS processes (allowing direct SQL changes).
Customer Bundle 2
NCC 5.0.0 adds a collection of customer requested features, focused around control plan and statistics usability.
• Control Plan Logic Enhancements. Product changes for the control plan editor to aid service logic.
• Control Plan Filtering. Addresses usability issues which may occur if a large number of control plans are used. ACS screens allow control plan names to be filtered in control plan selector combo boxes.
- The following CPE screen allow a control plan to be searched and selected from a list of all control plans: Open existing control plan, Create new control plan based on existing control plan, Delete data or delete structure.
- The following CCS screens components allow a control plan to be searched and selected from a list of all control plans: Product type screen, CCS Capabilities screen, BPL screen.
- Searchable Prefix - It is possible to search for a control plan by specifying a prefix string for a control plan name.
- Wildcard Search - It is possible to search for a control plan using the Oracle wildcards '%' and '_'.
- Unfiltered Maximum - The unfiltered control plan list can be populated with a default maximum number of 200 control plans.
- Configurable Unfiltered Maximum - The default maximum number of control plans can be configured in sms.jnlp.
- Maximum Retrieve - The maximum number of rows to retrieve can be configured in the screens component using a text field.
- Notify Presentable Limit - The user is visually notified if the number of available control plans is greater than the number specified in max rows.
• High Layer Characteristics Bearer - Provides a capability to branch on the value of octet 4, of the High Layer Characteristics bearer field, using control plan editor service logic.
• Change CDR Based on Profile Field -
• Collect Date to Tag Local Timestamp Support - The Collect Date to Tag Feature Node provides support for local timestamps for user interaction.
• Allow Mediation of ACS EDRs into Columns. Allows for simple ACS EDR mediation to named columns. It is possible for smsProcessCdr to mediate ACS generated EDRs into a standard (mediated) file format with named columns, according to configuration.
• ACS Configuration Enhancements. The following ACS configuration options have been merged into the product:
- armDisconnectAtp - Forces the Attempt Terminate to Pending feature node to arm for oDisconnect.
- armDisconnectAt - Forces Attempt Terminate feature node to arm for oDisconnect.
- zeroReleaseCauseOnPA - Force ACS to set call release cause to zero when a Play Announcement operation is invoked.
- CdrOnHandover - Forces a CDR to be written on service handover provided the parameter CdrCompressCall = 0.
- CdrResetOnWriteRELC - Forces ACS release cause to be reset to zero after it has been written to a CDR provided the parameter CdrCompressCall = 0.
- cdrOnForcedDisc - Indicate if a forced disconnect should result in generation of a CDR.
Fixes in this Release
The following table lists service request issues reported by external sources that have been fixed in this release:
|14301851||CCS||P-14301851 CPS TEST SCRIPT1009_SWBCALLINPREUSESTATE SCRIPT FAILED DUE TO NO ...|
Click here to download patch 12950336 from eDelivery (Size 559 MB)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Alerts and Know Issues|
|About this Patch|
|Fixes in this Release|