"Failed READ due to EJBException" error when start CCB
(Doc ID 1572581.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 17, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EJB INITIALIZATION UNABLE TO FIND SPL.PROPERTIES USING THE SPLEBASE ENV VARIABLE (Failed READ due to EJBException error)
Step to Recreate:
1. Copy the configuration files as detailed above into an external folder.
2. Configure the "SPLEBASE" environment variable pointing to the root directory created above.
3. Ensure that none of the jar/war/ear files have the above property files.
4. Start the weblogic server.
Expected Result:- The application should be able to startup fine utilizing all the configuration files
from the external directory configured in step 1.
Actual Result:- The Application does not start as the EJB cannot be initialized. The following error
is visible in the log:-
- 2013-01-10 14:23:28,778 [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default
(self-tuning)'] ERROR (splwg.serviceclient.RemotePageServiceDispatcherHelper)
Failed READ due to EJBException
javax.ejb.EJBException: EJB Exception: ; nested exception is:
Failure to invoke protected void com.splwg.ejb.service.impl.ServiceBean.initializeContext()
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document