Attempts to Write-off Account that Has Credit Bill Fails with Ambiguous Error
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 07, 2013
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.4.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Getting an ambiguous error (PIN_FLD_BAD_ARG) when trying to write off an account. The only thing unusual about the account is that it has a credit balance. What is the root cause of this issue? How to avoid it?
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Create a product with 10% event time tax. MCF (Monthly Cycle Forward) :$10 .
2. Create a customer with the above product. BIP (Balance In Progress) :$11 [$10 + $1] (tax)
3. Cancel the product. BIP:$0
4. Run Bill now.
5. Purchase the product. BIP:$11
6. Move pvt and run Bill. BIP : $22
7. Do Account adjustment of credit balance $2 without Taxes.
8. Allocate manually using PCM_OP_BILL_ITEM_TRANSFER to the first bill's item:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms