Attendee To A Recurrent Event Can Not Open Or Save Attachment
(Doc ID 1576062.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Calendar Server - Version 6 (2005Q1) to 6.3 (JCS 6) [Release 6.0]
Oracle Communications Convergence - Version 2.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Convergence 2-4.01, in combination with Calendar Server 6.3
As an attendee to a recurrent event, of which has an attachment, it is imposible to download the attached file.
When attempting to do so, a pop-up dialog appears, showing it wants to download a file called fetchattachment.wcap which has a size of only 51 bytes, regardless of the size of the original attachment.
Steps to reproduce:
- log in to Convergence as the organizer
- create a recurring event, with an attachment and at least one attendee
- click and drag into schedule and create event with a certain name
- open the event by clicking "Add/view additional details"
- click on "attach" and choose a file for uploading, then click "Open"
- click on the right button of the field "Invitations"
- invite another calendar user
- click on "set recurrence"
- choose eg. Repeat: daily, End after 5 times
- click save
- log out as the organizer of the event
- log in as the attendee of the previously created event
- open the event
- click on the attachment icon, near the head of the event
- a pop-up appears with "Save File", and the correct file size.
- click on "Save File"
A download window appears, trying to save a file with the name fetchattachment.wcap.
The size of the downloaded files is only 51 bytes.
This is happening for all users attempting the above steps.
The organizer has no problem opening or saving the attachment to his own desktop.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!