Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Connector for Microsoft Outlook - Version 7.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating an event in Outlook Connector and instead of entering the subject, location and attendees at the same time, you keep saving the event and editing it separately for these input fields, the event invitation does not get sent to the attendee.
If you create the event in one full swoop as in entering the subject, location and attendees, then the invite is sent to the attendee.
- As sender, create a plain/simple event in the organizers calendar
- Input only the following information, for example: duration and summary
- save/confirm the event
- reopen the event and add some info, for example: location=right here
- confirm/quit the event modification
- reopen the event and invite some attendee(s)
- confirm the event
Result: no invitation email is sent to the attendee(s).
But, if you create an event in one full swoop, in other words, do all of the following in one session:
- create event
- add subject
- add location
- invite attendee
Then, the invitation is sent to the attendee(s).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms