Table MSC_COSTS_F Size Is Growing Out Of Control
(Doc ID 1581192.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 08, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Planning Command Center - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Performance
Users are on 12.1.3 and have applied VCP 188.8.131.52 Patch 12695590. They are seeing huge increase in table msc_costs_f due to the fact they do have APCC licensed and they run ASCP plans with KPI enabled. Table is up to 132 Gig and growing. Some recent growth data
Another concern here is the table size has increased drastically from 22G to 100G in short time. Application team confirmed they have not run anything abnormal. Please suggest on this. PFB the table growth details between 06/29/13 and 07/06/13.
DATE Space used (MB)
1. Purging old plans does not seem to help
2. They had 172 plans out there and purged about 100 but doesn't give much space back
3. We cannot get any select count data on the table
4. We cannot just drop partition to delete all the plans. There is an estimated # of plans that we kept in Archive (approx. 65) - We have not done anything but keep this range of plans and with this, we have seeing the increase of data drastically in this table.
5. We need a better way to purge and control the size of this table other than running Purge Plan Summary concurrent request and provide only plan name in the first parameter
The table not to grow dramatically and need a way to control its growth
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. APCC is licensed and run ASCP plans with KPI enabled
2. Table growth for msc_costs_f is out of control
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document