Last updated on OCTOBER 16, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management - Version 1.9.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With the CONTINUE PO NEXT ACTION set at DISALLOW on the Blanket Contract Processing business rule, the application allows the status of an Approved Blanket to PO Change Order to be merged when the blanket limit is violated if the 'Merge Change Order with PO' action is used. It bypasses the checking of the blanket limit and allows the Change Order to be merged to the PO.
When processing the same change order and using the status Drop Down to Merge the Change Order, the appropriate message is received and the status Change is NOT allowed. Using the action should not bypass the checking of the blanket limit-it should function the same way as using the drop down to make the status change.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set the CONTINUE PO NEXT ACTION option to DISALLOW on the Blanket Contract Processing business rule
2. Create a new Blanket Contract. Set a low limit. Add a line item. Add the User ro the Access Limit View. Activate the Blanket Contract
3. In the Blanket to PO Module, create a new Blanket to PO against the Blanket. Use the Pick List to add the item. When entering a quantity, make sure the Total Amount is within the Blanket Contract limit.
4. Approve and Issue the BPO
5. Bring up the Purchase Order in the Purchase Order module
6. Use the Create Change Order action to create a new Change Order
7. Use the Change Order action to navigate to the Change Order module
8. Bring up Revision 001 and navigate to the line item
9. Change the Price on the line item so that the Total Amount exceeds the Blanket Limit
10. Set the Change Order status to Approved
11. Use the Status Drop Down to change the status to Merge to PO- application throws a message stating that the PO Total Amount exceeds the Blanket Limit Amount and does not allow the status change
12. Now use the 'Merge Change Order with PO' action to make the status change. The status change is allowed
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms