Scale Must Be Between 0 and 0 Error Attempting to Create New Number Type Dimension Attribute With Scale > 0
(Doc ID 1585122.1)
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Asset Liability Management - Version 5.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure (OFSAAI) - Version 7.2
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA)
On OFSAA 5.6, when attempting to create a new attribute on the Customer dimension with the data type = NUMBER, when attempting to put any value > 0 in the Scale field, the following error is thrown:
Scale must be between 0 and 0
However, the OFSAAI user guide states the following:
If NUMBER is selected as the Data Type:
The Scale field is enabled with "0" as default value.
• Enter the scale value between 0 and 5.
The Scale can be edited to a value between 0 and 5 thereby
making it a decimal. Scale value less than scale defined is
permitted. Scale value greater than scale value is
• Key in valid numeric in the Default value filed on which the
Attribute is to be defined.
Steps to reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Financial Services Applications -> Master Maintenance -> Dimension Management -> Attributes
2. Choose Customer dimension
3. Create a new attribute, choose Data Type = NUMBER
4. Attempt to enter any value between 0 and 5 for scale.
==> Error message is triggered.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document