Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.3.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) 13.3.5, transaction sequence numbers are skipped after an 'Unexpected Error' occurs that is due to missing/unavailable Reason Codes.
Simulate offline database corruption (reason codes corruption) by doing the following:
1. Shut down store server and client.
2. Delete the offlineDB on server and client after performing a backup.
3. Run the following statements on Back Office (BO) database:
update ID_LU_CD set id_str_rt='9999';
update ID_LU_CD_I8 set id_str_rt='9999';
4. Start store server and client so new data is in the offline DB.
5. Run the following statements on BO database to adjust online data:
update ID_LU_CD set id_str_rt='CORP';
update ID_LU_CD_I8 set id_str_rt='CORP';
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In Sale item screen, ring an item.
2. Shut down store server.
3. Pricing > Employee Discount > Enter employee number or user > Choose Discount Type
4. Enter Discount Amount > Enter. The following error occurs: An unexpected exception occurred. Please contact your system administrator.
5. Press Enter (you are returned to main screen).
6. Bring store server up again and perform a normal sale.
7. Check transactions table TR_TRN and order by descending transaction time. Note that there is a missing transaction number.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms