Item Reclassification Does Not Validate Against Approved Orders
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When performing Item Reclassifications through Retail Integration Bus (RIB), the validations that the item, child item or grandchild item do not exist on an ‘A’pproved order is not performed as it is when the reclassification is entered in the on-line RMS screens.
All validations that are performed in the on-line screens have to be performed in the RIB Item Reclassification processing as well, or the reclassification batch (reclsdly.pc) will be allowed to incorrectly reclassify items.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Make sure SYSTEM_OPTIONS.RECLASS_APPR_ORDER_IND = ‘N’.
- Make sure UNIT_OPTIONS.DEPT_LEVEL_ORDERS = ‘Y’.
- Create and ‘A’pprove a purchase order to a Level 2 item.
- Try to reclassify the level 1 item on-line and notice the error message: “The specified item(s) or its child(s)/grandchild(s) to be reclassified is on approved orders(s).”
- Notice that no records are created in RECLASS_HEAD / RECLASS_ITEM.
- Now attempt to reclassify via the RIB Item Reclassification capabilities (i.e., RMSSUB_XITEMRCLS). Notice that records are created in RECLASS_HEAD / RECLASS_ITEM.
- Run the reclsdly.pc batch process.
- Run the prepost recldly post process.
- Notice that the item and its child/grandchildren have been reclassified.
- Notice that the purchase order has had its DEPT set to NULL.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms