Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control 220.127.116.11.0 - Galaxy Patch Set 1
(Doc ID 1589054.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 2.2.0 to 4.4.1 [Release 2.2 to 4.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This announcement lists the potential alerts, the pre-requisites, the new features and the fixes included in Oracle Communications Network Charging & Control 18.104.22.168.0
This Patch Set has been released on April 2012, see note 1370042.1 to get a view on the latest Release / Patch Set available
The following table lists known problems in this release, and their workarounds, if any.
- Known Alerts:
About this Patch
This patch 13983889 upgrades NCC to Release 22.214.171.124.0
Before you install this patch set, you must have the following NCC software installed:
The following list briefly describes the new features brought in this NCC release:
- BRM Charging Driver
The BRM Charging Driver (BCD) integrates NCC and BRM using the native API of the BRM product (PCM) in order to provide a scalable, performance optimized interface for all operations that require real-time access to BRM, including:
- Session and event based charging for all services, including voice, data, messaging and content delivery.
- Access to account and balance information through NCC managed self-care channels.
- Voucher recharge, including support for NCC and BRM provided vouchers. Key features of the interface include:
- Productized integration, using the well understood native BRM API (PCM).
- Extensible through configurable profile tag mappings.
- Robust, scalable interface.
- Tunable connection parameters.
- Comprehensive throughput and latency measurement statistics.
- Pre-defined diagnostics reports.
- Logging & tracing information, switchable at run-time.
- DCA 3GPP-MNO
The Diameter Control Agent 3GPP enhancements expands the Diameter Attribute Value Pair (AVP) mapping capabilities, allowing:
- For a greater range of fields within certain INAP operations.
- AVPs from a CCR to be mapped onto ACS profile fields.
- ACS profile fields to be mapped onto AVPs for any CCA response.
- Support for mapping data from complex AVP hierarchies to profile fields.
- Support for ACS profiles of type ARRAY.
- Provides support for call screening without the need for starting billing session.
- Improved support for services where Diameter Credit Control is not applicable.
Mobile Network Operator Compatibility enhancements provides greater consideration for Mobile Network operators (MNO) who provide their own variations on 3GPP and IETF Diameter standards for Credit Control, allowing:
- Service triggering.
- Extensions to standards based enumerated values.
- Default units may be assumed by operators, but be specified explicitly later in the call flows.
- Ability to track elapsed-time at the interface and report back to the client.
- Allow result-codes set by the interface to be mapped.
- Support the use of non-standard capabilities negotiation.
Fixes in this Release
The following table lists service request issues reported by external sources that have been fixed in this release:
Click here to download patch 13983889 from eDelivery (Size 341 MB)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|About this Patch|
|Fixes in this Release|