Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.5 to 13.2.7 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS), XAlloc (for externally generated allocations) allows cross-dock allocation quantities to exceed purchase order (PO) quantities.
When using the XAlloc subscription API (RMSSUB_XALLOC) in RMS to upload an allocation against an existing PO (i.e., cross-dock allocations), there is no logic to validate that the allocated quantity is equal to or less than the amount on the purchase order. Basically, you can allocate a quantity of an item to the stores for more than the quantity on the purchase order being referenced. This is incorrect. Additionally, the pack items are not getting ranged correctly for a new location being passed in the XAlloc subscription API, for which the item was not previously ranged.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a purchase order in RMS with an item/quantity being ordered to a warehouse location. For example, order 100 qty of item A.
- Using the XAlloc subscription API, load an allocation against the purchase order for quantity 100 of item A allocated to store X.
- Validate that the item A is ranged to Store X if not ranged earlier.
- Using the XAlloc subcription API, load a second allocation against the purchase order for quantity 100 of item A allocated to store Y.
- Validate that the item A is now ranged to Store Y if not ranged earlier.
- Notice that the Allocated Qty is now 200, even though the purchase order quantity is 100. This is incorrect and should not be allowed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms