Long Running API Transaction Related To Querying CNAs in UIM 7.1.2.X
Last updated on JULY 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management - Version 7.1.2 to 7.1.2 [Release 7.1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There are some performance issues when querying InventoryGroup that is associated to a Custom Network Address (CNA).
Here is how the issue is described:
1) They have a two CNAs defined which are added into service configurations as required by business logic.
2) Each of the above is associated with an InventoryGroup specification category, which allows a single webservice call using criteria at the InventoryGroup category level.
For example, if they specify criteria of Product A, all CNAs associated with this inventory group are returned to an external system.
3) The duration for each of the request/response transactions took only a few milliseconds to complete when we went live.
4) Sometime ago, the volume of Product A added into the service configurations is far exceeded that of the Product B added into the configurations.
5) For some reason, the same query listed below for Products A now takes over 9 seconds on average to complete now and under heavy loads, the UIM nodes run out of Java Heap space.
6) When the same request is sent with the Product B value in the InventoryGroup element (using the same xml structure/target request shown below), the transaction takes about a second to return.
7) They are unable to reproduce this performance degradation in development environments as the volume of service configurations associated with the Product A CNA is not nearly as large as they are in production.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms