Back Office Log Does Not Rotate Due To a Lock Placed by Admin Server; backoffice.log File Grows to Unmanageable Size
(Doc ID 1593734.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Back Office - Version 13.4.1 to 13.4.7 [Release 13.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Back Office (BO) , the backoffice.log is not rolling over as configured in the log4j.properties file. Due to this, log file size is increasing rapidly to a point that destabilizes the server. It appears that logs are not rolling over because the Admin server and the Managed server are both holding a lock on the backoffice.log file.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In file log4j.properties, set log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=1000KB.
2. Create a Managed Domain in weblogic..
3. Install Back Office to the Managed server.
4. Start Admin server and Managed server.
5. Let the backoffice.log grow in size. Note that it does not get rotated as per the log4j.properties file setup.
6. Shut down the AdminServer and note that the rotation happens.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document