Back Office Log Does Not Rotate Due To a Lock Placed by Admin Server; backoffice.log File Grows to Unmanageable Size
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Back Office - Version 13.4.1 to 13.4.7 [Release 13.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Back Office (BO) , the backoffice.log is not rolling over as configured in the log4j.properties file. Due to this, log file size is increasing rapidly to a point that destabilizes the server. It appears that logs are not rolling over because the Admin server and the Managed server are both holding a lock on the backoffice.log file.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In file log4j.properties, set log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=1000KB.
2. Create a Managed Domain in weblogic..
3. Install Back Office to the Managed server.
4. Start Admin server and Managed server.
5. Let the backoffice.log grow in size. Note that it does not get rotated as per the log4j.properties file setup.
6. Shut down the AdminServer and note that the rotation happens.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms