Outlook Connector does not Store and Interpret Multi Line "Out-of-Office" Message Correctly
(Doc ID 1593871.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Connector for Microsoft Outlook - Version 8.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a multi client environment using Outlook 2007 connected via Outlook Connector 8.0.0 version and Convergence, when creating a multi-line "Out-of-Office" message with Outlook, it creates an entry consisting of multi-lines.
However, when displaying a multi-line "Out-of-Office" message containing '$' as a newline character, it shows everything on one line.
How it should work:
- The $ is the official character to handle as newline character and should have one line
- It should be displayed as what is expected ($ = newline) and the special character should be interpreted instead of being displayed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Open Outlook (connected via Outlook Connector)
- Create a multi-line Out-of-Office message
Sorry, I am out of the office.
- Save it
- Close Outlook
- Open Outlook again
- Check the Out-of-Office message setting
- Observe the message is all on one line.
Sorry, I am out of the office.Regards,John
Due to this issue, users are confused about what is the correct syntax.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!