Outlook Connector does not Store and Interpret Multi Line "Out-of-Office" Message Correctly
(Doc ID 1593871.1)
Last updated on MAY 24, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Connector for Microsoft Outlook - Version 8.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a multi client environment using Outlook 2007 connected via Outlook Connector 8.0.0 version and Convergence, when creating a multi-line "Out-of-Office" message with Outlook, it creates an entry consisting of multi-lines.
However, when displaying a multi-line "Out-of-Office" message containing '$' as a newline character, it shows everything on one line.
How it should work:
- The $ is the official character to handle as newline character and should have one line
- It should be displayed as what is expected ($ = newline) and the special character should be interpreted instead of being displayed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Open Outlook (connected via Outlook Connector)
- Create a multi-line Out-of-Office message
Sorry, I am out of the office.
- Save it
- Close Outlook
- Open Outlook again
- Check the Out-of-Office message setting
- Observe the message is all on one line.
Sorry, I am out of the office.Regards,<username>
Due to this issue, users are confused about what is the correct syntax.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document