Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile New Product Development and Introduction for Process - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Agile PLM for Process 6.1.0.x, New Product Development
Find that NPD activities remain in (or come back to) the current user's action items list with an incorrect status when he has workflowed them to another status (and with that to another person). When the activity is opened then it displays the correct status.
Issue appears if a user has signature authority from other people and is signing off an NPD activity "in their name". The issue seems to not appear immediately but when the user does the same thing for more than one NPD activity owned by users he has sig authority for.
Then this issue happens for some of the workflowed activities - not clear for which of them.
NPD activity should appear in the new user's action items list with the correct status and never come back to the current user's action items list.
The issue can be reproduced by following steps:
1. Start application with a user that has valid signature authorities for other users.
2. If no TSAs are available create two new ones from other users that both have NPD action items assigned.
3. Open an activity owned by others from the NPD Action Item list that is in status "Confirm Required Signatures" or "Change Label"
4. Put activity into edit mode and change the activity name
5. Add comments and attachments to the current step
6. Go to Routing Requirements tab and scroll to one of the steps that can be selected as next step from the current step (no matter if workflowed forward or backwards). Edit the step and set for example a new owner and/or update some values in the current owner settings
7. Save the NPD activity
8. Workflow to the step updated above (in step 6 of this description)
9. Still in the activity go to the Summary tab and click the Project “Goggles” icon next to project name. This opens the project in a popup.
10. In the Project popup edit the Project Team tab and add some team members (for example an R&D Clerk and a Team Leader)
11. Save the values and press button "Save and Close"
12. Return to IE tab that has the activity open still and go to the NPD Action Items list again.
=> Sometimes here the activity we started on reappears in the original status, which is now actually workflowed to the next step.
Usually this does not happen with the first NPD activity but only when some others were workflowed correctly before.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms