When Loading An Applet In P6, The Applet Does Not Load (just contains a white page) And Causes The Browser To Hang
(Doc ID 1594533.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 23, 2013
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 8.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (P6 EPPM) r8.3:
When loading pages in the P6 (web) application, and the page contains an applet, the application prompts to install the required version of java. After installing the required version, and reloading the original web page that contains an applet in P6, the applet does not load (just contains a white page) and causes the browser to hang until the browser is forced closed.
No errors are brought to screen.
For the web page, and applets loaded on the browser, to load successfully without the browser hanging.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Browse to the P6 Login page
2. If prompted to install the required version of Java (by default, 1.7.0_17 with P6 r8.3), download and install the JRE.
3. Reload the p6 application
4. Attempt load a web page that contains an applet (example = EPS page, or dashboard that contains a portlet with an applet, like a portfolio portlet)
5. Note the Actual behavior above which occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document