Sale Transaction Tendered with Check is Sent to QueueException Folder Due to "ORA-12899: Value Too Large for Column" Error When ORPOS is Integrated with RSA
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point-of-Service (ORPOS), when attempting to persist a sale transaction that is tendered with a check and driver license swiped on magnetic stripe reader (MSR), the transaction fails to save to the Store database and the following error occurs:
Steps to Reproduce:
Prerequisite: ORPOS should be integrated with RSA (key management service).
- Log into ORPOS.
- Scan an item.
- Press Tender -> Check -> Select ID Type as 'Driver's License'.
- Swipe Driver's License at MSR.
- Enter phone number -> Scan Check or enter manually -> Enter Check Number.
- Complete the transaction.
- Note that the transaction is sent to the QueueException folder with the error above.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms