Last updated on JUNE 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
220.127.116.11 - Pegging Performance
Customer recently upgraded from 11i to 18.104.22.168.
In 11i, expanding the pegging tree took 1 to 3 seconds. In the 22.214.171.124 instance, it now takes 20 seconds for some levels.
- The performance is bad no matter what order types, orgs, items.....
- The performance has been poor since go-live
- The APPS schema was recompiled using ADADMIN - no improvement. We run Gather Schema Stats for MSC schema after the plan finishes with no improvements.
- Support suggested the following:
Run Gather table statistics for the following tables
owner - MSC
Estimate percent - 50
Granularity - ALL
others at default
- Set pga_aggregate_target to 20G (per note 975933.1)
- Verified profile 'MSC:Launch Analyze Plan Partition' to 'Yes'(per note 975933.1)
The initial expansion of the pegging tree goes from 56 seconds into the video to 1:16. That is 20 seconds.
Then for pegging to the sales order it goes from 1:24 - 1:43 = 19 seconds.
Support would like to know what else we can suggest and what kind of logging is needed to further troubleshoot.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms