Expanding Pegging Tree Is Slow
(Doc ID 1601522.1)
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
18.104.22.168 - Pegging Performance
Customer recently upgraded from 11i to 22.214.171.124.
In 11i, expanding the pegging tree took 1 to 3 seconds. In the 126.96.36.199 instance, it now takes 20 seconds for some levels.
- The performance is bad no matter what order types, orgs, items.....
- The performance has been poor since go-live
- The APPS schema was recompiled using ADADMIN - no improvement. We run Gather Schema Stats for MSC schema after the plan finishes with no improvements.
- Support suggested the following:
Run Gather table statistics for the following tables
owner - MSC
Estimate percent - 50
Granularity - ALL
others at default
- Set pga_aggregate_target to 20G (per note 975933.1)
- Verified profile 'MSC:Launch Analyze Plan Partition' to 'Yes'(per note 975933.1)
The initial expansion of the pegging tree goes from 56 seconds into the video to 1:16. That is 20 seconds.
Then for pegging to the sales order it goes from 1:24 - 1:43 = 19 seconds.
Support would like to know what else we can suggest and what kind of logging is needed to further troubleshoot.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!