No Error Messages Occur When Trying to Add an Item with an Invalid Attachment to a Change Order in the Web Client
(Doc ID 1602702.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to add an item (either by manually adding or dragging/dropping) that does not have a valid attachment, onto a change's affected item tab, no error occur in the Web Client when the SmartRules for 'Copy Files To Rev - File Folders' is set to Copy.
To show some kind of error in the user interface.
What is working:
Shows the proper error when doing the same exact steps in Java Client or if the SmartRules is set to 'Copy with warning'
Set the SmartRules for 'Copy Files To Rev - File Folders' to anything but Copy.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In Java Client, set the Admin | System Settings | SmartRules | 'Copy Files To Rev - File Folders' to Copy.
2. Create an item with an attachment.
3. Remove that attachment from the iFS.
4. Create a change and try to drag/drop that item on the affected items tab in Web Client.
5. Will see the green highlighted '1' but it will not be added.
6. Also, it can not be added by selecting the add button.
7. However, in Java Client the below error will be shown:
Errors--Rows Not Added
Reason: Specified file (<FILENAME>) could not be located. Please contact the administrator.
8. When the SmartRule is set to 'Copy with warning', the user will be given the option to add the attachment or not, but still will not get an invalid file error if choosing to add the attachment in Web Client.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document