Removal of CMS Connectors From Endeca Content Acquisition System (CAS)
(Doc ID 1603173.1)
Last updated on MARCH 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Commerce Guided Search / Oracle Commerce Experience Manager - Version 1.0.0 to 3.1.2 [Release 1.x to 3.x]
Oracle Endeca Information Discovery Studio - Version 2.1.0 to 2.4.0 [Release 2.x]
Oracle Commerce Guided Search / Oracle Commerce Experience Manager - Version 11.1 to 11.1 [Release 11.x]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Beginning in 2007, Endeca contracted with EntropySoft to provide connectors to common Content Management Systems. These connectors were sold separately as CMS data sources for the Oracle Endeca Content Acquisition System (CAS) data sources:
- Documentum eRoom
- FileNet Documents and Images
- FileNet P8
- Interwoven TeamSite
- OpenText LiveLink
- Lotus Notes/Domino
- Microsoft Sharepoint
In February 2013, Entropysoft was acquired by Salesforce.com. As a part of this acquisition, Salesforce has provided notice that they will no longer provide support on their products. Oracle is exercising its right to terminate the contract in order to enter into our Post Termination/Continued Rights period which is valid for five (5) years. As of November 24, 2013, Oracle Endeca has removed all distributions of EntropySoft-provided CMS Connectors from the CAS product.
What is the impact on existing customers with CMS connector licenses?
- Customers who already own one or more of the CMS Connectors above will continue to be supported on their current version until November 2018 – five (5) years from now.
- CAS versions (2.x and above) including CMS connectors are available for distribution only to customers with existing CMS connector licenses. Note: CAS 1.x is no longer available for distribution (all customers). See KM 1603140.1 for details.
What is the impact on existing customers who are interested in purchasing CMS connector licenses or do not currently have CMS connector licenses?
- Oracle Endeca no longer offers or distributes CMS connectors for CAS. CMS connectors are only available for distribution to customers who already own these licenses. Because Entropysoft libraries were packaged out of the box in previous CAS releases, the following CAS releases are no longer available for distribution to customers who do not have existing CMS connector licenses (regardless of whether CMS connectors are used):
- All versions of CAS 1.x
- All versions of CAS 2.x
- CAS 3.0.x (including 3.0.2) prior to 184.108.40.206
- CAS 3.1.x (including 3.1.0, 3.1.1 and 3.1.2) prior to 220.127.116.11
- For CAS versions that still have premier support, patches for critical issues can be issued (but with CMS connector libraries removed from the patched version of the product).
- Customers can implement (or engage with Oracle Consulting Services to implement) custom CMS data sources using the CAS extension framework for CMS crawling.
- For customers who do not already own licenses to CMS connectors, Oracle no longer provides support for the CMS connectors for evaluation/development/testing/demo purposes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document