Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (SIM) 13.2.5, for partially received transfers, if a UIN (Universal Identification Number) from the items already received becomes unavailable or Out of Stock, the customer cannot receive the rest of shipment.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Store A creates transfer request for 10 quantities of a serialized item 'ABCD' to store B.
2. Store B accepts the request and dispatches 10 UINs/Serials to store A.
3. Store A performs Partial Receipt (e.g., out of 10 UINs, only 7 were received) and delivery is confirmed.
4. Now, out of the 7 received UINs, 1 UIN (say 4567) is moved to 'Out of Stock' status (e.g., Theft and removed from inventory) or 'Unavailable' status (sold from ORPOS).
5. Store A now prepares to receive the remaining 3 UINs. User re-opens the received transfer and scans remaining 3 UINs.
6. When teh user clicks on Confirm button, we have two cases:
- If one of the received UINs is in 'Out of Stock' status, system adds back 'Out of Stock' serial (4567 in this case) to the stock. This should not happen.
- If one of the received UINs is in 'Unavailable' status, system gives error that 'Serial '1234' is currently in Unavailable (or Sold)' and cannot be received. Remaining serials cannot be received.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms