Attachment in Forwarded Mail Not Opening on iPad/iPhone
(Doc ID 1608688.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 31, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Messaging Server - Version 5.2.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On an iOS device such as an iPad or iPhone, why are you unable to view emails which have been forwarded as attachments, when you can see them correctly when they have been forwarded inline?
Is this a Messaging Server problem?
- Use Mozilla Thunderbird (TB24) to send an email with an attachment
- Right click on the email, choose Forward As -> Attachment
- Forward it to an iPad mail user
- Read the message on iPad
- The received mail can be opened with the iPad mail client, but the included mail inside this message is shown as 'mime-attachment'.
- Tapping on the 'mime-attachment' shows the included mail, but the attachment inside is again shown as 'mime-attachment' and can not be opened.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document