How To Update An MDEX With A Previously Generated Index File in Endeca Without Having To Rerun the Full Baseline Update
(Doc ID 1609321.1)
Last updated on JULY 03, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Commerce Guided Search / Oracle Commerce Experience Manager - Version 6.1.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Based on best practice, you have 2 types of servers:
1) MDEX (runs several Dgraph instances, etc)
2) ITL (runs baseline update, Forge, CAS, etc) and is the EAC Central Server
Your understanding is that:
1) During a baseline update, data from all data sources is ingested, processed, and an MDEX index is produced.
2) The EAC Central Server on the ITL host then notifies the EAC Agents on the MDEX hosts (based on restart/update groups) inviting them to request the new index data.
3) The EAC Agent on the MDEX host initiates the copy job that pulls the index from the ITL server to the MDEX server.
Based on this understanding, what you would like to do is to update in MDEX with a previously generated index (ie. steps 2 & 3) without having to go through the time consuming process of information transformation (ie. step 1).
Without this solution, you would always need to perform a full baseline-update whenever you wish to update your MDEX in other environments, and also when you wish to create new software stacks from scratch.
Since the baseline update takes 6+ hours, it adds a significant overhead to the whole process which could be dramatically reduced if you could reuse an existing index.
Therefore you want to know whether it is possible to run only the index distribution parts of a baseline update, without having to rerun the information transformation processing.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document