BOM Comparison Report Output Blank Report With Chinese, Japanese, Korean Characters
(Doc ID 1610425.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to Export BOM Comparison Report to Excel file, the outputted Excel is blank,
and following error occurs in Application Server log:
XML-22004: (Fatal Error) Error while parsing input XML document (Invalid UTF8 encoding.).
; Line#: 1; Column#: 131024
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: XML-22004: (Fatal Error) Error while parsing input XML document (Invalid UTF8 encoding.).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to Web Client
2. Goto My Settings > Preference, and make sure the language is set to "Traditional Chinese"
3. Create BOM item P00001
4. Release P00001 with ECO1
5. Create ECO2 against P00001, redline BOM and release
6. Execute BOM Comparison Report
7. On the Output Format field, select "Excel", and Next
8. Add item P00001 with Revision of ECO1
9. Add item P00001 with Revision of ECO2, and Finish
10. Open the file. See the report is blank
11. Check application server log file. See below error:
java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid UTF8 encoding.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document