Last updated on OCTOBER 20, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 12 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) , a queue exception file is generated upon performing a return transaction which is linked with a customer and the customer address contains a '\' (backslash) character. The transaction does not persist to the store database.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in to POS and scan Item: 4321
2. Click "F7 Customer" >> "F3 Add Customer"
3. Enter the customer details such that the address contains a backslash character (' \ '), with maximum character limit for the field. Example:
Address Line 1: Addr. \ Line1 with backslash
Address Line 2: Address Line2 with backslash
4. Click "F3 Link" so that the created Customer ID is shown and the Customer details are linked to the transaction.
5. "F6 Tender" >> "F2 Cash" and complete the transaction. Note the transaction number.
6. Check that the database transaction is completed.
7. Click "F2 Return" >> Enter the above transaction details.
8. Enter the Return Reason Code.
9. Click "F6 Tender".
10. Press Enter for Cash Refund.
11. Enter the same address mentioned in Step 3, and enter the ID type=Passport.
12. The transaction is completed. However, the transaction details are not persisted in the database and the above exception is found in the POS Server log.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms