PCM_OP_BILL_DEBIT Is Getting A Wrong Value From Balance Group Cache
(Doc ID 1611368.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.4.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Consider the below scenario which is a customized one, but the ultimate problem lies with the OOB behavior in PCM_OP_BILL_DEBIT.
- A customer is on a plan having a mobile purchased on contract, lets say for 24 months.
- There are 3 tracking non currency resource ids. Assume 3002121,3002122,3002123
3002121 Current Balance - UNIT Dollars
3002123 Current monthly instalment - UNIT Units Counter
3002122 Current Remaining instalments - UNIT Units Counter
- So when a customer enters into a 24 month contract and lets say 12 $ per month for 24 months, the 3 resources ids are set up as below :
3002121 ------- 288$
3002122 ------- 24
3002123 -------- 1
- Assume customer has paid for 2 months, then the non currency resources are adjusted during every billing and will look like below after 2 months :
3002121 ------- 264$
3002122 ------- 22
3002123 -------- 3
- Now lets say customer decided to upgrade to a high end phone by paying out the contract amount and entering into a new contract.
- This is where the problem occurs when following steps are taken: cancelling the product and purchasing the product with the new dates.
- Here are the steps happening during the upgrade :
- Open a read write transaction
- Cancel the existing product
- During the cancel, by customization in fm_rate_pol_post_rating :
use PCM_OP_BILL_DEBIT to make 3002121 to 0 by crediting -264
use PCM_OP_BILL_DEBIT to make 3002122 to 0 by crediting -24
use PCM_OP_BILL_DEBIT to make 3002123 to 0 by crediting -3
- Now with this, all the 3 resources are set to 0.
- Cancel operation is completed
- Now purchase the same product with the new dates and new amounts (Assume 24 months and 15 $ per month)
- During the purchase operation, by customization in fm_rate_pol_post_rating :
use PCM_OP_BILL_DEBIT to make 3002121 to 0 by crediting 360
use PCM_OP_BILL_DEBIT to make 3002122 to 0 by crediting 24
use PCM_OP_BILL_DEBIT to make 3002123 to 0 by crediting 1
- Here is the issue; during the purchase, while setting up the resources with PCM_OP_BILL_DEBIT it is retrieving the balance from cache where the value of the cache is still referring to 264 instead of 0 and same is the case with other resources.
- Thus the resources are set up incorrectly as below:
3002121 ------- 624$
3002122 ------- 46
3002123 -------- 4
- Commit the transaction if no errors or rollback in case of errors.
Why PCM_OP_BILL_DEBIT is getting a wrong value from balance group cache.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document