Location Move Schedule Batch Incorrectly Ending Active Multi-Buy Promotion
Last updated on APRIL 11, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 13.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After running Location Move Schedule Batch, you observe a store is being excluded from an existing (active) multi-buy promotion.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Ensure system options are set in particular
OPEN_ZONE_USE = 0
LOC_MOVE_PROM_OVERLAP = 1
LOC_MOVE_PROM_OVERLAP_BEHAVIOR = 1
2. Login to RPM.
3. Navigate to Promotions -> Create Promotion screen.
4. Create Emergency Multi-Buy Promo on vdate (in order to have active promo prior to loc move).
- Multi-Buy promotion
- Start Date must be prior to Loc Move effective date
- Must be multiple items
- Items the same for Buy List and Reward List
- Buy 2 of any items in the list
- Get 20% for Reward
- Applies to all promo zones (including the old zone and new zone of loc move)
5. Create Location Move on vdate+1.
6. Run Location Move Schedule Batch.
Observe the following:
- Location Move Batch is ending the active multi-buy promotion when it should extend.
- RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL will show ON_COMPLEX_PROMO_ID 0 instead of 1.
- RPM_PROMO_DTL, RPM_PROMO_ITEM_LOC_EXPL and other related promo tables will show exclusion exception and the exclusion exception generated seems to be incorrect too.
If exception is to be created (which it should NOT in this case), then it should be the same as per parent, i.e., 1 promo_dtl_id with 3 items.
However, the exclusion exception generated seems to be 1 promo_dtl_id for each item, ending up with 3 promo_dtl_id.
- Ignoring the validity of the payloads at this point since Loc Move should not have generated exclusion exception.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms