Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 21-Sep-2015.
Running RMS 22.214.171.124 and finding that when a No-Invoice Billback Deal is created with a close date in the middle of a reporting period,
rather than a close date matching the reporting date, the final (partial) reporting period will never have income calculated.
This appears to be because dealcls closes this type of Deal as soon as the close date has passed,
and does not allow sufficient time for dealinc to compute income on the reporting date.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create and approve a receipts-based Billback Deal with weekly reporting and billing. Set the start date to the next date, say Thursday, July 25. Set the close date to a midweek date, say Thursday August 1st.
- Note that DEAL_ACTUALS_FORECAST records will be created for the two
reporting periods. The reporting dates will be 7/27/13 and 8/3/13.
- On the next day generate receipts and run dealact pre and dealact. Note that turnover for the 7/27/13 reporting date is updated.
- Advance the vdate to the EOW date 7/27/13. Run dealinc.pc. Note that income is computed properly.
- Advance the vdate to Sunday 7/28/13. Generate receipts and run dealact pre and dealact.pc. Note that turnover for the 8/3/13 reporting date is updated.
- Run dealcls.pc. Note that the status on the deal goes from 'A' to 'C'. This is not correct, because the income has not been computed yet for this date.
- Advance the vdate to the EOW date 8/3/13. Run dealinc.pc. Note that the reporting period is not processed.
This issue causes a loss of income whenever there is a no-invoicing deal that has a close date mid-week instead of the typical Saturday Reporting date.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms