Pipeline Hangs During Discounting Process when the Discount Amount and Quantity are Huge Values
(Doc ID 1613407.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : BRM 188.8.131.52.0 version,
While purchasing a deal that includes a product and discount, a call is made to discounting engine through PCM_OP_RATE_DISCOUNT_EVENT API, but there is no response for the same. Below error is printed in the process log of the realtime pipeline :
* When the cycle fees of the purchased products are as high as "11327503320", then rating engine is able to process the amount. However, when this higher amount reaches to Discounting engine, it gets hanged.
* However, when the amount is lower, discount is processed fine.
Steps to reproduce:
1) create a cycle forward product with 11340 as scaled amount
2) create a % discount with 1% discount on the cycle fee
3) create deal with product Quantity 998898 and discount Quantity 100
4) create account and purchase the above deal
5) from process log of Real Time Pipeline, one can see following error and Customer Center just hangs waiting for response:
28.11.2013 03:59:33 dev ifw IFW CRITICAL [T:1119500608] 00057 - (ifw.DataPool.RealtimePipeline.Module.ThreadPool) ERR_THREAD_EXCEPTION | Exception detected in 'Realtime Pipeline ThreadPool';; .
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!