Item Is Deleted from RPM and It Is Active in RMS
(Doc ID 1617071.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 07, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 13.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Running RPM 13.2.4 and finding that there is a scenario where an item is deleted from RPM tables and it is still active in RMS.
A record is maintained in RPM_STAGE_DELETED_ITEM_MASTER and causes problems.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create an item in RMS (ex SKU 100000001). Before adding the locations, press Cancel in itemmaster form. As the item creation was not completed, it will be purged by batch processes.
2. Run the item purge process in RMS and RPM (dlyprg in RMS and ItemLocDeleteBatch in RPM). Note that after you run the batch processes, the item remains in RPM_STAGE_DELETED_ITEM_MASTER table.
3. Create an item in RMS and override the SKU given by RMS with the same SKU that was canceled in day 1 (ex SKU 100000001).
(There is a system options variable CHECK_DIGIT_IND. It is configured as 'N', so RMS does not validate the check digit. RMS uses ITEM_SEQUENCE sequence instead of ITEM_CHKDIG_SEQUENCE sequence.)
4. Complete the process creation, assign stores and approve the item.
5. Run all batch related to item creation in RMS and RPM (newItemLocBatch in RPM). Check that item is in RPM (table RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL).
6. Run the item purge batch process in RMS and RPM (dlyprg and ItemLocDeleteBatch) again. You will notice that item disappears from RPM (table RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document