Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile New Product Development and Introduction for Process - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Agile PLM for Process 22.214.171.124 up to 126.96.36.199
Find that deleting a supporting document from the supporting documents tab from an Innovations/ Sales pipeline record in NPD is not possible completely. There remains always a record with name "------" that cannot be deleted.
Trying to delete a supporting document from an NPD project or a strategic brief works fine as there is a red cross to completely delete a record on the supporting documents tab.
The supporting documents record should be deletable completely on the ISPs like it is on the NPD projects and on the strategic briefs.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an ISP by clicking on NPD | New Product Development | Innovations/ Sales pipeline
2. Click on the Supporting Documents tab (-> The tab is empty as the new ISP does not contain a supporting document so far)
3. Click the edit button of the ISP and then click on the "Add New" button on the supporting documents tab.
4. In the popup add a comment in the comment field and upload a file (first click browse and select a file from a local directory then press button "Upload")
5. Click button "Done" in the upper right corner of the popup
6. Save and Close the ISP (-> Now the supporting document is saved in the application as attachment to the ISP)
7. Click the edit button of the ISP and open the supporting documents tab again
(-> On the supporting documents tab there is no delete button (or red cross) for the supporting documents record)
8. Click on the link that opens the supporting document that was inserted before -> the supporting documents popup opens again
9. Delete the file attached to the supporting document (a red cross is available on the popup)
10. Also delete the comment to have nothing on the popup any more.
11. Click the "Done" button to close the popup -> The supporting document is still on the supporting documents tab but it is displayed as "------"
12. Save the ISP to check if a red cross appears after having saved the changes (an empty supporting document).
=> This does not show any change in the behavior of the application: The supporting documents record cannot be deleted any more. It is kept as an empty document.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms