Last updated on JULY 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications ASAP - Version 7.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Port conflict is happenning between the OCI connection and the ASAP servers (Ex. JNEP ). SARM was crashing every 30 minutes with a "No free messages" error.
The issue can reproduced as below:
1. Start ASAP
2. Run pfiles on the NEP to see which random OCI port it had chosen
3. Update tbl_asap_srp with the random port from step 2
4. Restart WebLogic and SARM, but leave NEP running.
5. Observe that WebLogic nohup logs shows a BindException
6. SARM started flooding the event log with “RPC failed” and “EOF or Hangup Encountered” events. After about 10 minute, SARM exited with the “No free messages” error
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms