Query On Solution Provided in Doc ID 1511179.1
(Doc ID 1622355.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.4.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The fix was to bill child accounts first before billing parent This scenarios was like this:-
1) On 4/1, Create parent account P1
2) On 4/1, Create child account C1 and add it to the hierarchy paid by P1.
3) On 4/1, Purchase $30 monthly product under C1.
4) On 4/1, Purchase $10 monthly product under P1.
5) On 4/1, Run bill_now to bill them. See bills create as expected.
6) On 5/1, run billing for both subordinate and parent, that is, run both “pin_bill_accts –pay_type 10007 –verbose” and “pin_bill_accts –verbose”. See bills created as expected.
7) On 6/1, skip billing for subordinate. That is, don’t run “pin_bill_accts –pay_type 10007 –verbose”, only run “pin_bill_accts –verbose”. Fix was to see error without billing parent and child and it is working.
8) On 7/1, run billing for both subordinate and parent, that is, run both “pin_bill_accts –pay_type 10007 –verbose” and “pin_bill_accts –verbose”. Was expecting 2 bills each for parent and child for months June and July and it didn't happen. When we ran pin_bill_accts -retry mode then bills were generated.
The question is , is the retry option needed always to generate bills for parent and child in this case (where bill for missed)?
At step 7, Billinfo billing_status is in error for parent but not for child billinfos. Is this expected behavior?
Shouldn't the child billinfo billing_status also to be error since we don't see bills for child via Customer Center?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document