Sales Transactions Are Not Captured in Back Office When No Sales Associate Is Assigned to the Transaction
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Back Office - Version 12.0.1 and later
Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 12.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When no Sales Associate is tied to a transaction, that transaction is not captured in Back Office 12.0, and the transaction number cannot be retrieved. In addition, the following error occurs in the server log file:
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in to Point of Service (POS) and navigate to: F4 Administration -> F4 Security -> F4 Parameters -> Daily Operation -> Enter.
2. Set the "Default to Cashier" parameter to "NO".
3. Go to POS and select one item -> Tender -> Cash.
4. See that the sale transaction was created.
5. Go to F2 Return -> With Receipt -> Insert Barcode to retrieve the transaction.
6. Note the following message on screen:
No matching transactions found. Do you want to re-enter transaction information?
Press Yes to re-enter transaction information.
Press No to proceed without retrieving transaction information.
7. Note the SQL error shown above in the server log file.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms