% Item and % Transaction Discount Incorrectly Applied Together in a Transaction With Deal Discount Applied
(Doc ID 1629995.1)
Last updated on JUNE 08, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS), after applying the fix from Document 1606258.1, 'Invalid Discount' message is being displayed when % item and transaction level discounts are applied together in one transaction, if the items are part of a discount rule and the % discount total exceeds 100%.
Sample Steps to Reproduce:
Pre-Requisite: Item 924 is part of a BuyGet style discount rule.
1. Log into POS application.
2. Select 3 items 924 such that a deal discount of 'buy 3 for 26% off' is applied.
3. Select the first item from the above deal and apply a % item discount of 70%.
4. Apply a % transaction discount of 40%.
5. Again select the first item and choose F8 Pricing.
6. Select F4 % Item. Receive the followiing message:
A Discount had already been applied to selected items or transaction.
Applying another discount will remove previously applied discount.
Do you want to continue with a new discount?
Press Yes to continue with new discount. Press No to return without new discount.
7. Select Yes.
8. Change Discount % to 71%.
9. The following message is displayed:
The discount amount entered exceeds the item's current price.
Press Enter to return to the previous screen.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document