Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 13.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users cannot decrease the value of parameter MAX_OVRLP_PROM_COMP_DETAIL in RPM_SYSTEM_OPTIONS from N to N-X, even though there are no existing promotions with N overlapping components. If the user is decreasing the value, validation will need to be done to ensure that the reduction does not impact existing price events and display the below error whenever there is an impact. However, if there is no impact, the system should allow decrement of the value.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in to Retail Price Management (RPM).
2. Go to System Options > Edit.
3. Open the Price Events tab.
4. Change 'Max Number of Overlapping Promotion Component Details' from N to N+1 (for example: Current Value = 6, New Value = 7).
5. Press the Save button. Window is closed; change is saved. Check the value in DB.
- Do not create any promotions with N+1 overlapping components.
6. Open System Options > Edit again and go to the Price Events tab.
7. Change 'Max Number Of Overlapping Promotion Component Details' from N to N-1 (for example: Current Value = 7, New Value = 6).
8. Press the Save button. Note the error: 'Maximum Number Of Overlapping Promotion Component Details: System option update cant be saved due to potential existing price events that may not be consistent with the new settings'.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms