Temp Files Generated During IDDI Are Not Deleted After Apache Derby Jars Upgrade; "InstanceNotFoundException" Occurs
(Doc ID 1634365.1)
Last updated on MARCH 10, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.0.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (POS), after upgrading Apache Derby hars from version 10.2.2 to 10.10.1.1, the following issues occur:
1. Shutdown hook logs 'InstanceNotFoundException' errors when Derby database is shut down.
2. Upgraded Derby database does not overwrite temp files if they are already present.
3. The connection in IDDIDerbyWriter is not getting initialized in some scenarios.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Drop Derby 10.10.1 derby jars in place of existing 10.2 jars.
2. Start the POS Server and Client.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document