SITMAIN Fails With 'Record Locked By Another User' Error When Run With Multiple Threads
Last updated on FEBRUARY 12, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.6 to 13.2.9 [Release 13.2]
Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1 to 14.1.2 [Release 14.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Running the Scheduled Item Maintenance Main (SITMAIN.PC) batch in multi-thread mode causes the records to lock.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Set up a link between an item list containing a single item and a location list containing multiple locations in the RMS front end.
2. Ensure the SITMAIN batch is configured to run 10 threads.
3. Run all 10 threads together from UC4 or other scheduler.
4. Observe the jobs all fail with an error referencing a lock by another user.
5. Reset each thread one at a time.
6. Run the threads individually.
7. See all the jobs complete successfully.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms