Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Invalid Serial number can be added to the serialized item. Also, null is shown on 'Invalid Serial Number screen' screen rather than "Serial Number" when an invalid serial number is provided.
Steps to Reproduce:
Note these flags for the item(100000002) used in this scenario:
1. Scan the item 100000002.
2. POS asks for the serial number, provide the valid serial number 2
3. Item is added on sell item screen and serial number is linked to the item.
4. Click on Item button.
5. Click on serial number button.
6. Provide the wrong serial number 2232
7. POS shows below error message (Invalid Serial Number screen)
The null 2232 entered for the item 100000002 is invalid
Press Enter to return to the previous screen and enter a valid null.
Issue # 1: Above message shows null
8. Click enter.
9. Press Esc. Again Press Esc.
10. Navigation comes to sell item screen.
Issue #2: Wrong serial number is attached to the item
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms