Last updated on APRIL 16, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.1 [Release 7.3.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : BRM 188.8.131.52.0 version,
System discounts are not always applied .
On a freshly started realtime pipeline, repeat 108 times the following steps (involving a real time system discount):
* open transaction
* call stop_accounting
* abort transaction
* input to the pipeline is the same every time
* Result was that some requests had different rating outcome than others. Expected result was that all rating outputs are the same, for example, the configured resource is always impacted (discounted) by the system discount.
* issue is consistently reproducible in customer test environment on a freshly started pipeline
* in customer environment, a series of 36 ratings are performed (as NumberOfRTPipelines=36). And this is repeated 3 times(36 * 3 = 108) for testing purpose (issue can be seen in one iteration also) and the observation is that the same pipeline thread is faulting each time (per 36 ratings)
* As per discount edr dumps, in preDiscRT.txt dump one could see that successful and failed requests differ in the DISCOUNT_LIST for the account. For successful requests, system discounts are present . For failed requests they are missing.
* 36 number of threads is not cause of the issue, 24 threads also reproduces issue.
The issue leads to fraudulent usage in the system.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms