ETPM 2.3.1 Arabic Language Pack is now Available for Character Set AR8ISO8859P6
(Doc ID 1638831.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Public Sector Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Arabic Language Pack for ETPM 2.3.1 is now re-released with the AR8ISO8859P6 character set instead of AL32UTF8.
1. With the AR8ISO8859P6 character set in place:
• It is now an option for customers to allow one Arabic character per byte.
• This will allow to store same number of Arabic characters as that of English
2. The are some minor Conversion issues when changing character set
• There are a few issues found with the data when converting to AR8ISO8859P6. All of them are cosmetic issues and will not affect the functionality of the application.
• You will need to run the “csscan” utility (provided with the database) to make sure that there are no truncation or loss of data in the conversion
• If there are issues that must be fixed, you will need to fix the source data and then re-run “csscan”. Do this iteratively until all the issues are fixed
• There are minor issues in the ETPM base data (see attached). These are in Admin pages, and cosmetic, end users won’t see it. We are not planning to fix this in v2.3.1, but will fix this in the next major release.
3. The Arabic language pack (patch 14781552) is re-released with an updated readme.txt
To benefit from this character set, please download Patch 14781552.
For technical issues, this patch is listed under platform "Linux x86-64" although it applies to all platforms.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document