Can't Recieve Context Variable From Plug-in Script
(Doc ID 1641487.1)
Last updated on MARCH 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Oracle Utilities Framework - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Context variable is not being passed to plug-in script when validating characteristic type on the Account page. The context variable is expected to contain the value from the current context.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Add a new plug in script with the following steps:
20: move $$ACCT_ID to "parm/hard/reformattedValue";
30: move 'true' to "parm/hard/validAdhoc";
2. Add a new Algorithm Type using the above script.
3. Add a new Algorithm for the above Algorithm Type.
4. Add a new adhoc Characteristic Type with the above Algorithm as validation algorithm for the Account Entity
5. Go to the account page and enter a value for this new Characteristic Type
6. Save to invoke its validation.
7. The value saved is empty.
8. Check out the debug logs generated: The ACCT_ID value passed to the validation script is empty
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document