An Empty BillCalculationLineCharacteristicData Does not Override the RC Component Characteristic
(Doc ID 1643561.1)
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 2.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing (CCB) 184.108.40.206.0
Given a Calculation Algorithm Rate Component with characteristics collection, the characteristics, if valid for the Bill Segment Calc Line entity, are by default stamped on the created Calculation Line. If the Calculation Algorithm (implemented in Java) creates a Calculation Line and empties the Calculation Line Characteristic list, the created Calculation Line still contains the default characteristic list.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. A char type is created for entities 'Bill Segment Calc Line' and 'Rate Component'.
2. Create a cm java program cmCalculateConsumptionChargeAlgComp_Impl.java implementing RateComponentCalculationAlgorithmSpot which allows having an empty bill calc line characteristic using the following code:
BillCalculationLineData billLineCalcData = BillCalculationLineData.Factory.newInstance();
3. Use this cm program for an algorithm type / algorithm.
4. Apply this algorithm to a rate component (rc type: calculation algorithm) and include the RC in a rate version / rate schedule.
5. The Rate Component (RC) has a value set for the char type of step 1.
6. Generate a bill segment which uses the above rate schedule / RC as part of its rate calculation.
7. View the created bill calc line characteristic which has the char type and char value taken from the Rate Component (step 5) instead of being empty.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document