Posting Fails for Credit Memo Created by Reversing a Debit Memo
Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Invoice Matching - Version 18.104.22.168 to 13.1.5 [Release 13.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Credit Memo created due to reversal of a debit memo does not post when the dispute is partially approved.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Create a Purchase Order (PO) with 3 items.
2. Ship and receive the PO completely.
3. Create invoice with quantity discrepancy for all three items.
4. Resolve using Debit Memo Quantity for all three items.
5. Open the Debit Memo in view mode and reverse the debit memo. Credit memo is created in disputed status.
6. Deny one item and approve 2 items in the disputed credit memo.
7. Run posting batch.
8. Invoice and Debit Memo is posted, but the Credit Memo is not posted. There is a balancing error: "Header amount of 96 does not equal to total detail amount of 206"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms