Database Authenticated User Cannot Upload File When Web Server URL Is SSO Enabled URL
(Doc ID 1663532.1)
Last updated on JULY 30, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Database authenticated users cannot add file after implementing SSO.
Database authenticated users to be able to add file after implementing SSO.
WHAT IS WORKING
LDAP authenticated users can add file after implementing SSO.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Implement SSO
2. Login to Java Client as admin user, and goto Server Settings > Locations > General Information tab
Set Web Server URL: https://webproxy1.domain.com/Agile/PLMServlet (SSO enabled URL)
This is because the main users are LDAP users and need SSO enabled URL to login, and need to have email notification link use this URL.
3. Goto File Manager tab, and configure File Manager URLs with URL starting from below:
4. Login to Web Client using SSO URL https://webproxy1.domain.com/Agile/PLMServlet as LDAP user
5. Open object, goto attachments tab and add file. The file can be attached. This is OK.
6. Login to Web Client using non-SSO URL: http://webproxy2.domain.com/Agile/PLMServlet as database authenticated user
7. Open object, goto attachments tab and add file using standard browser capabilities and OK.
8. Another browser windows pops up while attachment is attempted to be uploaded.
Notice that the URL showing in this browser pop up is directing to SSO URL https://webproxy1.domain.com...
Eventually the file fails to be added to the object
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document