SIM Does Not Revert Back to Last Price After a Promotion Ends
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.2.4 to 13.2.7 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (SIM) 13.2.4, the application does not revert back to the last price of an item after a promotion ends.
For example, an item with Original Price of $100 is put on clearance for $50. 30 days later, this clearance event is purged from the SIM database. The item is then put on a promotion for $40. The system will, at the end of the promotion, revert not to the last price of $50 - but is instead taken back to the original price of $100. The price in Retail Merchandising System (RMS) is maintained at the correct clearance level of $50, however.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a clearance in SIM.
- Let it go active via the activatepricechange.sh batch.
- Let the clearance event get purged from the SIM database after 30 days.
- Create a promotion for the item.
- Observe that the promotion price is updated.
- Observe that the price in SIM at the end of the promotion is not the last known price, but is rather reverted to the Original Price.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms