OC8: Subscribing To A Shared Folder In Hosted Domain Setup Fails As No Folders Are Found
(Doc ID 1667610.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Connector for Microsoft Outlook - Version 2.0.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Factors in this scenario:
- Users are in the same hosted (not default) domain
- Accounts typically have the mail address not equal to UID@domain
For example, John Doe in domain domain.tld has the following attributes:
And some accounts also have:
The problem is that you cannot find shared folders by using only the UID to search; you need to fill in the complete UID@domain entry.
The expectation is that searches within the same domain should not necessarily need a complete email address.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Share a folder with (for example) using Convergence
- Right click on "Shared Folders"
- Click on Properties
- Click on the Subscribe tab
- Click on the Subscribe button
- Enter the user id
- Hit query
Result: nothing is found.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document