CMT: Suggestions To Migrate Legacy Bills, Items, Payments And Adjustments
Last updated on OCTOBER 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We know that Conversion Manager Tool (CMT) does not support historical data migration of legacy bills, items, payments and adjustments. However some custom approaches can be taken as in below example (as per <Note 567719.1>) :
Break the import phase of CMT into two. i.e.,
1. Generate the out-of-box dat files using CMT
2. Generate the dat files for the required tables by using a custom application. Also generate the control files for the sql loader.
3. Load all the dat files using CMT recovery.
Let us consider the below business requirement:
1) All the bills for last 2 years needs to be migrated
2) All the items corresponding to bills of 1) , needs to be migrated
3) All the payments corresponding to bills of 1) , needs to be migrated
4) All the adjustments corresponding to bills of 1) , needs to be migrated
Patch level is BRM75 PS6.
In this context, this doc provides further advice about the approach to be taken.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms