Item/UPC Description Created in RMS is Not Updated to SIM
Last updated on APRIL 11, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In environments where Retail Merchandising System (RMS) is integrated with Store Inventory Management (SIM), a modified item's description for UPC (Universal Product Code) does not flow to SIM.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create an item with item_level=1 and tran_level=1.
- Create UPC for above item with primary_ref_ind=Y.
- Approve the item and validate whether it is available with correct description in SIM.
- Update the description for parent and child item (both).
- Valid in SIM that only the parent item description is updated, not the UPC description.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms